Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Work of Public Art I Like

I like this work, 'The Revenge of the Ocean #1' by Toothfish. I like it because of its dreamlike quality. It is a night sky resplendent with fish, to my eyes. I like it how there are several species of fish present and yet each fish of the same species also looks unique and individual. What exactly the mural means I don't know. I do know, though, that it makes me smile whenever I pass by it in the car on the way to Pak n' Save. It reminds me of the energy of marine life and the power of the imagination.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, David. Your choice, nad also your idea is so unique. Is name of this art real, or you named? I want to see this art! Why can you smile when you see this art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David. I think if i see this work at night, i'll feel like in the sea. Because it seems that the background of this work assimilates into the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting makes us want to count and observe. I understand what you feel.

    ReplyDelete